Galeon ("us", "we", "our") operates the https://galeon.care website (the "Site").
This page explains our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Site and the choices you have regarding that data.
We use your information to provide and improve the Site. By using the Site, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Site: The Site is the https://galeon.care web site operated by Galeon.
Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from such data (or from such data and other information in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is collected automatically and is generated either by use of the Site or by the infrastructure of the Site itself (e.g., length of time a page is viewed).
- Cookies: Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Subcontractors (or Service Providers): The term Subprocessor (or Service Provider) refers to any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of more than one Service Provider in order to process your data more efficiently.
- Data Subject (or User): Data Subject means any living person who uses our Site and is the subject of Personal Data.
Data Collection and Use
We collect various types of data for different purposes in order to provide you with our Site and to improve it.
Types of data collected
When you use our Site, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to
- E-mail address
- First and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We use your Personal Information to send you a response to your inquiry made through our website's contact form.
We will not send you any promotional or marketing material without your consent.
We may also collect information about how you access and use the Site ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as the Internet Protocol address (i.e., IP address) of your computer, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site you visit, the date and time of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookie Data
Cookies are small data files that may contain an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and are stored on your device.
You can accept or decline cookies directly through the cookie control panel at the bottom right of the website.
Use of Data
Galeon uses the data collected for a variety of purposes:
- To provide and service our Site
- To provide customer support
- To collect valuable data or analysis that will allow us to improve our Site
- To monitor the use of our Site
- To detect, prevent and fix technical problems
- To respond to any questions or requests from you via the contact form
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Galeon may process your Personal Information:
- Because you have authorised us to do so
- Because we have a legitimate interest in doing so and
your rights do not override that legitimate interest
- To comply with the law
Galeon will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except where such data is used to enhance security or improve the functionality of our Site, or where we are legally required to retain such data longer. The legal retention period for Usage Data is up to 13 months.
Transfer of Data
Information about you, including your Personal Data, may be transferred from your region, province, country, or other territorial division to, and stored on, computers located in a place where data protection laws differ from those of the territory in which you reside.
If you reside outside of France and choose to provide us with information, please be aware that we transfer data, including Personal Data, to France and process it there.
Disclosure of Data Disclosure of Data to Law Enforcement
In certain circumstances, Galeon may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (e.g., a court or government agency).
Galeon may disclose your Personal Information if it has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Fulfill a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Galeon
- Prevent or investigate potential wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To ensure the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against liability
The security of your data is important to us. However, please keep in mind that no method of transmitting data over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable methods to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data protection rights granted to you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Galeon intends to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you would like to know what Personal Information we hold about you and would like it deleted from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we hold about you. Where this option is available, you may view or update your Personal Data or request its deletion by contacting us.
- Right of Correction. You have the right to have your data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Right of limitation. You have the right to ask us to limit the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you in a commonly used, structured, machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time if Galeon has relied on your consent to process your personal data.
Please note that we may ask you to prove your identity before responding to requests of this nature.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your nearest data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may use third party companies and individuals to facilitate the provision of our Site ("Service Providers"), to provide the Site on our behalf, to provide services related to the Site or to help us analyze how our Site is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these functions on our behalf and are prohibited from disclosing or using it for any other purpose.
We may use third party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our
and analyze the use of our Site.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the collected data to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize ads on its own advertising network. You may opt out of having your activity on the Site made available to Google Analytics by refusing to share your data on our cookie management add-on (bottom right of the site). For more information about Google's privacy practices, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms webpage.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- Contact DPO: Matthieu Gueniffey
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: 8 Avenue du Pré Closet - 74940 - ANNECY - FRANCE